Sport Massage RX
Sport massage Los Angeles is applied through specific pre-event, inter-event, post-event and restoration/training massage techniques used primarily on-site at an event or at the host or team health care clinic. Local teams, clubs and individual athletes can benefit from sport massage therapy delivered by members of the Massage RX.
How Can We Help You?
Our sport massage therapists are professionally trained to treat active individuals of sport from grass roots, to Olympics to professional levels of competition here in Los Angeles.
We specialize in specific techniques for pre-event, inter event, post event and restorative / training massage.
Pre-Event Sport Massage
TIMING Los Angeles Athletes
- Within 1 hour of event
- Usually best when started 20-30 minutes before competition but this is dependent on the individual and available time
- Must be completed in enough time to allow for the athlete to properly prepare for their event so they don’t have to rush
- Duration usually 5-20 minutes
BENEFITS OF SPORT MASSAGE Rx
- Encourage general relaxation or readiness
- Reduce anxiety/competition stress
- Increase feelings of well being
- Increase alertness and mental clarity
- Boost confidence
- Used for mental preparation (rehearsal, visualization, focus)